A Spoonful of Shuger

Robert S. Thau (rst@ai.mit.edu)
Wed, 1 Dec 1999 08:48:33 -0500 (EST)

Grlygrl201@aol.com writes:

> It's reported that
> much of the violence was committed by people in black clothes and
> ski masks.

Has anyone seen documentation of what organization or disorganization
these folks belonged to? If the gummint has scattered some violent
agents provocateurs in the crowd for the specific purpose of
discrediting everybody else, well, it wouldn't be the first time.

(When I first went to college, one of the unusual sights was a
demonstration by the Spartacist league for I forget exactly what, with
the usual openly Stalinist imagery and rhetoric. At the time, I joked
that the whole thing was "a CIA plot to discredit the left" --- but at
the time, I was unaware of the full extent of COINTELPRO. Now I'm not
so sure).

rst