Re: Bomb Incubators [Stupid Idea Series]

(no name) ((no email))
Fri, 03 Dec 1999 17:27:54 -0600

> Wayne? You've just come up with the stupid idea for the day.

Glad to contribute. "We try harder so we do have to."

> When a user does a search, rank them by uniqueness.

And/or allow the user to specify the uniqueness. No more than X hits, No fewer
than X hits, Number of hits must be a prime, Fibonacci or Keith number, that
sort of thing.

Or how about, Find me something new? Find me pages containing XXX which
<people in list> haven't visited yet, or for which there are no links (in
certain hypermail archives).

Cheers,
Wayne

You learn something wrong everyday (tm).

http://www-oss.fnal.gov/~baisley