Re: guess it had to happen

Karl Anderson (kra@monkey.org)
06 Dec 1999 14:45:44 -0800

Rodent of Unusual Size <Ken.Coar@Golux.Com> writes:

> Udhay Shankar N wrote:
> >
> > http://ihatelinux.com/
>
> Curiously enough, ihatelinux.com is running as its Web server
> "Apache/1.3.1.1 SSL/1.15 PHP/4.0b2", the telnet prompt is
> "Virtual Server (ihatelinux)\n\nlogin:", and it's running
> ESMTP Sendmail 8.8.7.
>
> So at least it doesn't appear to be a Microsux box. :-)

Well, it fits a pattern I've seen. The few books I've read that
deal with Microsoft technologies were full of compliments & "this
system RULEZ" type sidelines. Contrast a book by, say, Peter van der
Linden, who can crow as much as anyone, but isn't afraid to devote
pages to the suckiest features of his favorite languages. When the
geeks love something, the hatred for the bad parts gets stronger, too.

I see the hype creeping into RedHat more & more, of course. Geez, the
rpm man page opens with "rpm is a powerful package manager..."

--
Karl Anderson      kra@monkey.org      <URL:http://www.pobox.com/~kra/>