Re: Help, I need the buzzword meter! (Plus, N4K.)

Gregory Alan Bolcer (gbolcer@endtech.com)
Sat, 25 Dec 1999 09:16:22 -0800

Carey Lening wrote:

> Sometimes it goes too far...
>
> My peeve of this was the sheer number of (TM)s and R's that were scattered about the page. Keerist.
>
> Oh yes... and ruggedized?? Pardon my lack of verbage, but exactly what is _ruggedized_ and who came up with this glory so I can smack them heartily. It makes me think of a ATV or some sort of camping expedition.

I think it's DARPA-speak for "you can drop it from 3 meters and it still works." It's
for those aviation planning mission field commanders that already have everything
but you just can't quite out what to get for Christmas.

Greg