Re: [spam score 4.50/10.0 -pobox]

From: Suresh Ramasubramanian (suresh@kcircle.com)
Date: Wed Oct 11 2000 - 11:17:57 PDT

On Wed, 11 Oct 2000, Udhay Shankar N wrote:

> At 10:04 AM 10/11/00 -0400, invalid return address provided wrote:

> >I wand to use bulk e-mailing option for marketing of our services/products
> >etc. in India please let us know how can you help us.

> ROTFL - asking CAUCE to help you with bulk email is asking to be nominated
> for the Darwin Awards - posthumously, OC.
> This is called "unclear on the concept".

However - bulk e-mailing != spam if handled properly. The best word would
be 'opt-in e-mailing' where you mail only to people who have asked for
your mails.

Here are a few links (old hat for cauce india - but as you xposted this,
am including 'em anyway)

http://www.mail-abuse.org/rbl/manage.html (responsible list management)
http://www.mail-abuse.org/rbl (where the other kind of bulk mailers end up)
http://www.spamfree.org (The Forum for Responsible and Ethical E-Mail)

... and of course http://www.cauce.org / http://www.india.cauce.org <g>

If this guy writes back with a repliable address he might be worth
educating, in that he wants to promote his site - but not spam.

        regards
        +suresh

--
Suresh Ramasubramanian + suresh@india.cauce.org