ZOT Group Seeks Pistol

From: Sally Khudairi (sk@zotgroup.com)
Date: Fri Oct 13 2000 - 15:35:46 PDT

<apologies for those receiving cross-post>

Hey FoRKers,

We're looking for a whipsmart second-in-command to help lead ZOT Group,
someone who can deputize, deal and deliver. Preferably Boston-based. Start
date flexible; sooner rather than later would be ideal.

Why the need for such a fugleman?

Three days ago, I was diagnosed with Hodgkin's disease, a form of lymphatic
cancer. The events leading up to this diagnosis have been interesting to say
the least, seeing that I exhibited virtually no symptoms [not that there
really are any with lymphoma]. Last week I was admitted to hospital,
isolated and tested for tuberculosis on suspicion of a cough brought on
during a recent trip to India. Tests ruled out TB and as everyone took their
surgical masks off we proceeded to the next step: what I thought was merely
a stiff muscle along my clavicle from doing too many pushups at the gym ;-)
led to biopsy of a walnut-sized lymph node [yikes!]. Final results Tuesday
morning confirmed Hodgkin's, and I'm on my way to a 6-month course of
treatment of chemotherapy + radiation starting next week. The strange thing
is that I feel absolutely fine, I don't feel "sick" or anything like that,
so it feels somewhat awkward anticipating future side effects from the
treatment.

So as the saying goes, life can change in the blink of an eye. Which is why
I'm asking for your help. This sudden shift in circumstances is expected to
impact day-to-day life at ZOT Group. I have the highest admiration for our
team, who, over the past year and a half, have turned pulling rabbits out of
hats into an art form -- irrespective of the challenge. While I'm confident
that business will successfully continue during my absence without any major
reshuffling, I am seeking someone who can help lead ZOT on the consulting,
advisory, development and operations levels. If you know of anyone who's got
ZOTness, please feel free to send them my way. Thanks in advance.

I will be offline [read: no email] for the next week, perhaps longer. Feel
free to contact me on my mobile +1.617.818.0177 if you've got any leads, or
simply would like to chat.

Warm regards,
Sally