Re: Should I drop acid before P2Ping?

From: Adam L. Beberg (beberg@mithral.com)
Date: Fri Oct 13 2000 - 15:46:33 PDT

On Fri, 13 Oct 2000, Dave Winer wrote:

> Should I drop acid before I go this summit, or should I have one of my own
> and only invite cynics?

Why not.

It was obvious from the Intel P2P meeting yesterday that everyone there
was on some for of clue-inhibiting narcotic.

I've never met so many people with their ego inflated heads quite so far
up their asses. Everyone was doing something "new" and "revolutionary"
and not one was making any "money" except by "consulting" or "scamming a
VC". The product overlap of the 300 people there was 97%+, which makes
sense since all of them are well documented in any textbook from 10
years ago. Hard to make money on something every highschool kid is
doing. Even harder when the other anyone in that room could copy anyone
elses "P2P" product in 48 hours. I can't be the only one who understand
this stuff... is there anybody out there...

I couldn't decide if laughing or automatic weapons fire was the right
response. The disconnect geeks have from reality is just sad.

My whitepaper is now going to be an "open letter to the P2P world". Stay
tuned for the nuking, maybe i'll get some forkies to help.

- Adam L. "Duncan" Beberg - beberg@mithral.com
  CTO, Mithral Communications & Design Inc.
  Home of the Cosm Project
  http://www.mithral.com/