Re: more on politics

From: Jay Thomas (jay@thomas.vg)
Date: Sun Oct 15 2000 - 15:49:57 PDT

Kragen Sitaker wrote:
> Let us consider the New York Times story in detail. Written by Alison
> Mitchell, it describes Al Gore's abject apology for two trivial and
> much-exaggerated errors in the first debate as "the culmination of
> a skillful and sustained 18-month campaign by Republicans to portray
> the vice president as flawed and untrustworthy".

"Gasp!!! Oh no! The "Vast Right-Wing Conspiracy" rides again!!!"

> Terrific polemic. I haven't checked the facts, though, so I don't know
> which side is promulgating the big lie; it's obvious somebody is,
> though. I tend to think it's probably not Phil.

Yeah, even though it's the New York Pravda^h^h^h^h^h^hTimes,
hagiographising (and covering for) their man, I can't imagine where the
writers true feelings lie. Thank God for objective journalism.

I love the fact that the "source" of refutation for most of these is
"The daily howler". I'm gonna start a web-site, call it "the daily
Bush-is-God's-right-hand-man", and refute all the stupid things we've
all seen Bush saying on the nightly news. And because I wrote it on the
web, everyone will believe it.

I find it interesting that they pick 4 of Gorps whoppers, try to weasel
around them, and then try to paint it as a Republican conspiracy.
Please!!! Liberals own the major media, run the major media, and
determine the editorial slant of the major media. 85% of major media
journalists are registered Democrats. And yet, they're all part of the
conspiracy to bring down the Dem candidate??? They're shoveling him
untold millions of dollars, hoping he'll win, but then shooting him in
the foot, by exagerating his exagerations???

> A kind of coup is in effect, continuing the pattern of the Whitewater
> hoax and impeachment. If the far right succeeds in its campaign, then
> the incoming government will be staffed by people who are trained in the
> new science of character assassination. It's all they know. And having
> destroyed Al Gore, they will come after the rest of us.
>
> Copyright (c) 2000 by Philip E. Agre. All rights reserved.

Oh, right, that whole "Whitewater Hoax", that GOP dreamed up, with all
the missing documents, 6 years of stonewalling, hundreds of witnesses
dying/fleeing the country/taking the fifth, culminating in 25 criminal
indictments, and costing as much as *1* Clinton trip to Africa. Yeah,
that *hoax*. Boy, Kragen, ya gotta be a real rocket-scientist to try to
figure out where ole Phil's coming from, political-wise.

Jay

--
"You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those
with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig"