Re: more on politics

From: Kragen Sitaker (kragen@pobox.com)
Date: Sun Oct 15 2000 - 16:12:33 PDT

Jay Thomas writes:
> I find it interesting that they pick 4 of Gorps whoppers, try to weasel
> around them, and then try to paint it as a Republican conspiracy.
> Please!!! Liberals own the major media, run the major media, and
> determine the editorial slant of the major media.

I suppose it depends on what you consider "liberal". The Democratic
party, in general, seems pretty conservative to me these days;
mainstream American newspapers, magazines, and television are viciously
conservative.

> Oh, right, that whole "Whitewater Hoax", that GOP dreamed up, with all
> the missing documents, 6 years of stonewalling, hundreds of witnesses
> dying/fleeing the country/taking the fifth, culminating in 25 criminal
> indictments, and costing as much as *1* Clinton trip to Africa. Yeah,
> that *hoax*. Boy, Kragen, ya gotta be a real rocket-scientist to try to
> figure out where ole Phil's coming from, political-wise.

The question isn't where Phil's loyalties lie; the question is whether
he is telling the truth.

Perilous to all of us are the devices of an art deeper than we ourselves
possess.
                -- Gandalf the Grey [J.R.R. Tolkien, "Lord of the Rings"]