Re: C/G economic record again!

From: Grlygrl201@aol.com
Date: Mon Oct 16 2000 - 21:22:54 PDT

In a message dated 10/16/00 5:11:03 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
Yangkun.Zhang@FMR.COM writes:

<< Jeff, while you are right in that C/G didn't screw up royally, it certainly
 wasn't for the lack of trying. During 1993 and 1994 when the C/G economic
 plan was designed and legislated, interest rates WENT UP, the DJIA gained a
 mere 200 points. The market did not boom until after the GOP took over
 congress. You and Jim keep saying that my saying the C/G economic policy is
 crap is an "unfact". Yet I'm the one who comes out with reams and reams of
 stats: hell, don't take my word for it--take a look at the 30 yield
 yourself:

 http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=^TYX&d=my

 The 30 year rate didn't go down until AFTER the GOP took over congress!
 During the GOP tenure, the interest rate had gone down nearly 300 basis pts.
 And yes, the 30 year rate is a good proxy of the market consensus on a
 nation's long term economic outlook, being on the far right of the yield
 curve. The fed does set the discount rate, but that's at the far left of the
 yield curve.>>

Rubin would disagree with you, heartily.

thanks for your offer of "tons of stats" but just one will do. can you point
to a single act of this republican congress, something they defeated or
enacted against the will of our President (aside from your conjectural
acrobatics) that led us directly to prosperity in 1994? please, no citing of
broad trillion-dollar-deficit-creating reaganomics - it's just too laughable.
 (incidentally, a rate hike in 1993 was no harbinger of economic disaster -
it was an anti-inflationary measure directly following bush senior's brief
tenure.)

i'll just re-read vinton cerf's letter of clarification re the gore misquote.
isn't he on the ICANN board?

gg