Re: WWDTM for today round one

From: Eugene Leitl (eugene.leitl@lrz.uni-muenchen.de)
Date: Sat Oct 21 2000 - 14:03:54 PDT

Tom Whore writes:

> OK since im heading out the office early today ill give the unanswered
> answer. And I thought this would be a gimme.
>
> http://www.realworldtech.com/page.cfm?ArticleID=RWT101600000000

Yawn. The die size, the complexity and the wonderful packaging
technology (4 of above dies) will make this very, very expensive, and
hence will be produced in small numbers, which will keep the price
high enough long enough that no one will ever use the damn thing.

IBM apparently still excells in begetting more of stillborn monsters.