Re: Velobahn by Akamba...

From: Gordon Mohr (gojomo@usa.net)
Date: Mon Oct 23 2000 - 03:14:57 PDT

Adam Rifkin writes:
> What a beautiful animation... click on "see how it works"...
>
> http://www.akamba.com/products/velobahn.jsp
>
> This looks like an incredibly smart TCP adaptor. Anyone else know
> anything about this product and company besides what's at the website?

Looks like an implementation of TCP on the network card, with
possibly some additional optimizations based on an awareness
of HTTP communication patterns.

A similar product is InterProphet's SiliconTCP:

    http://www.interprophet.com/technology.html

SiliconTCP doesn't appear to treat HTTP specially, nor
does it seem to be available for purchase yet. I'm
pretty sure there are other companies offering cards
like SiliconTCP, too.

- Gordon