Re: What is Possum Stew?

From: Sophie Maddox (sophiemad@usa.net)
Date: Tue Oct 24 2000 - 20:03:41 PDT

--- In fork@egroups.com, Grlygrl201@a... wrote:

> where i come from, an observation is not a potshot.
>
> (this discussion never had a chance; seeing the author "observed"
as
"stupid"
> should have clued me in.)

um...haven't you contradicted yourself? Are there rules on
observations. I see it as an observation being an opinion, comment
or
thought and how dull if all observations were the same. I think the
"observing" author had some perceptual insights.

As Aldous Huxley said, "Facts do not cease to exist because they are
ignored." That's my note on this observation.

> not pursuing this here,

Why not? Didn't you post the article here. I mean isn't it better to
debate a question without settling it than to settle a question
without debating it.

$-)