Re: Groove PR: Grove, Gates, and Udell

From: Tom Whore (tomwhore@inetarena.com)
Date: Wed Oct 25 2000 - 07:57:42 PDT

On Tue, 24 Oct 2000, Adam L. Beberg wrote:

--]And what good is P2P with this "You may not use our services to infringe
--]copyrights." in the use policy? What else would I "share" with P2P. Wasn't
--]that 99% of the motivation for P2P in the first place, since they make
--]near-zero sense for anything else.
--]

The folks who will use it for matrteial of the infringing nature are of
the mindset of "It dont matter waht your EULA says"

They will do with it what they want, when they want and how they want and
if Groove wants to dispatch armed agents to take but the discs (oh dont
forget the copies) then they can go broke doing so.

Napster also had a blurb somewhere about not doing illegal things with it.
So does myplay, idirve, xdrive, egroups, etc etc etc. SO what?

Once the app is in my hands its all bets off and have fun stopping me.
Sure you can recode things to exclude certian actvity, but do you think
the groove code will have a rm *mp3 cron running?

They wont get moral about usage until they are well established in the
mindsets or the RIAA trys to do a ap dance on thier heads.

(Speaking of which i was remiss last week in not including this in one of
my posts..Fuck the Riaa...)

--]A press storm of that magnitude is a very impressive thing to watch tho.
--]They should really peer-to-peer their web site ;)

Press 2 Press
Pundit 2 Pundit

    [---=== WSMF ----http://wsmf.doesntexist.com===---]