Re: you forgot the patriotic orchestral soundtrack

From: Tony Berkman (tberkman@rcn.com)
Date: Fri Oct 27 2000 - 13:54:20 PDT

While I too have grown tired of the 2 party system and would be
hard-pressed to articulate the differences between them, pragmatism still
seems to creep into my consciousness. I despise both candidates and would
vote for Nader in a heartbeat... if he had a chance! He doesn't and no one
would dispute that. So what is the price to pay for "Sending a
message"? Perhaps a return to illegal abortions, assaults on freedom of
expression, and a chief executive who every time he speaks strikes me as
being somewhat intellectually challenged (not that that's a bad thing, but
it scares me a little). Gore has pissed me off to no end, but he doesn't
frighten me. It's one or the other - that's the reality and it's close
enough that any of our votes may indeed make a difference. I'd rather make
a difference than send a message.

My $0.02