Re: House doubles H1 Visa Fees

From: Joachim Feise (jfeise@ics.uci.edu)
Date: Tue Oct 31 2000 - 19:32:23 PPET

There's a reason you beat me on this:
I was temporarily out of the loop while in Germany waiting for my
visa appointment at the US consulate.
I am now back in the US, with a Greencard stamp in my passport.

> Can't believe I beat Joe Feise with these bits...
>
> From acm.org/technews:
>
> http://www.acm.org/technews/articles/2000-2/1011w.html#item4
>
> "Lawmakers Vote to Double Fees for H-1B Visas"
> Of course it would have been far too easy to spend this money on improving
> the INS...

I am still astonished by the difference in attitude and professionality
between the INS and the Consulate. Three cheers for the Consular officers...

-Joe