Re: apple Sauced again

From: Tom Whore (tomwhore@inetarena.com)
Date: Tue Nov 07 2000 - 09:31:04 PPET

On Tue, 7 Nov 2000, Eugene Leitl wrote:

--]I don't know where the hot innovative stuff happens these days, but
--]certainly not at Apple. QNX, Linux (not the architecture), wearable
--]people, maybe Sony. Where else? You tell me.

Lego

Mindstorms, even the discovery kit the kid and I use, is an amzing
learning tool as well as fantasticaly fun interface designer.
You learn the basics and then ar given the chance to go totaly nuts in
redesing and innovation. The sky, and your lego collection, is the limit
for what you can do with these things.

Legos also has some pretty amazingbrnaded software packages out there.
Lego castle, stunt racer, alpha team. These are fun learning games that
allow theuser to play with the possibilities.

Apple could never make somethign like this because thier "pure vision"
wouldnt be able to let the user construct thier own look nor allow
them to break it down to its part for possible innovation. Its all about
Jobs , One Vision, One Leader, One Komputer for all.

Back with the Apple ][s there were tons of stuff you could do. If you had
the caones you poped open the top and took up were steve, the real steve
aka The Woz, left off. Woz made teh thing open enough for folks to be able
to tinker tailor solder and spy the thing to new greatness.

Cracked case 5000$ sub gig boxes dont.

      /"\ [---=== WSMF ----http://wsmf.doesntexist.com===---]
      \ /
       X ASCII Ribbon Campaign