re: sum-up

From: Sophie Maddox (sophiemad@usa.net)
Date: Wed Nov 08 2000 - 03:43:22 PPET

Interesting election results so far and while watching the returns it
reminded me of a boxing match. He's up, no he's down, no he's up,
he's down for the count, no wait he's getting up again... either
name can be put on "he". A quote came to mind. It wasn't meant as I
am using it, but I think it sums-up what has happened so far in this
election.

Politics are almost as exciting as war, and quite as dangerous. In
war you can only be killed once, but in politics many times.
--Winston Churchill

So what happens if one candidate wins the popular vote and the other
the electoral vote? I know what the law says but is it fair? Should
the constitution be changed and the electoral college abolished
because it really doesn't apply anymore?

$-)