Re: mojoNation <---> havenCo

From: Adam L. Beberg (beberg@mithral.com)
Date: Mon Nov 13 2000 - 13:38:34 PST

Who knows if this will work.

On Fri, 10 Nov 2000, Lucas Gonze wrote:

> Here is an interesting factoid for the conspiracy minded. The PR guy
> for MojoNation, Bill Scannell, also works for HavenCo, the people who
> operate Sealand. This brings up the question of whether MojoNation is
> headquartered at Sealand, since that would make it harder for the music
> industry to sue MojoNation for making money off of users re-selling
> MP3s.

Having chatted with a Mojo guy at the last Cypherpunk meeting, I can say
Mojo rocks bigtime! Why: Based in the Caymans, non-trackable payments, it's
not a real currency so not subject to any banking laws (or laws at all), and
I get paid for redistributing someone elses work and doing nothing. I think
they have real potential... no more pesky copyrights or taxes to worry
about.

Rock on Mojo, my Chicago friends are gonna love you.

- Adam L. "Duncan" Beberg
  http://www.iit.edu/~beberg/
  beberg@mithral.com