Re: P2P

From: Adam L. Beberg (
Date: Fri Nov 17 2000 - 18:00:37 PST

Looks like Rohit fixed the list :)

On Wed, 15 Nov 2000 wrote:

> What do you guys know about the availble implementations for a system
> that does file sharing and transfer over HTTP (and relevant API), has a
> full blown push mechanism API, has an event notification API, etc.
> Is there any out there?

Yeap, all of them.

Seriously. I have one, Rohit has one, Lucas has one, [repeat for the fork
memebership], everyone at the Intel P2P meeting had one. There are a couple
dozen on sourceforge, and high school kids are routinely writing this stuff
now. Not to mention the established players like AIM/ICQ/Yahoo/Microsoft,
that do those things.

Now picking one on the other hand... everything is alpha so good luck :)

- Adam L. "Duncan" Beberg