Re: Should I care?

From: Adam L. Beberg (beberg@mithral.com)
Date: Wed Nov 22 2000 - 11:56:13 PST

On Wed, 22 Nov 2000, James C. Hong wrote:

> When I see sites that copy AmIHotOrNot.com's UI so closely (I run
> amihotornot):
>
> 1. should i care?
> 2. if i care, what can i do about it?
>
> Just wondering what the hell my position should be.. I think parody sites
> are cool, although most of them have at least given our site proper credit,
> and at least created their UI as opposed to copying ours with only a few
> color changes like this geek or not one seems to have done.

Franchising. There is a milti-gazillion dollar market here, go after it,
IPO, get rich, women will flock to you like moths to a oil well fire. Oh
wait... that was before April. Ask them for a nice little credit and link at
the bottom and go take a nap.

If there is one thing this shows it's that geeks shouldn't let geeks .jpg.

- Adam L. "Duncan" Beberg
  http://www.iit.edu/~beberg/
  beberg@mithral.com