goner

From: Gregory Alan Bolcer (gbolcer@endtech.com)
Date: Wed Nov 22 2000 - 17:52:39 PST

I've been away for quite some time now starting with an extreme
busy season and travel in October and two weeks of a trip which
is the reason I am writing. Endeavors has been doing so much
business in the UK that we've opened up European operations to
handle all the followup and integrations. [1] Needless to say
I am greatly relieved since I was facing trip after trip to the
UK with a short 10 day stint to Tahiti, Moorea, and Bora Bora in
the middle. In fact, between the UK trip, multiple trips up to
San Jose, SF, Oregon, the south pacific, and the planned trips
back to the UK and Germany--I would have had a respectable
40k in a little under 2 months.

Now on to fun stuff. I got mallied. November 5th, 2000
at the Nixon Library. (No online pictures as of yet).
The Nixon library is where Tricia Nixon-Cox was mallied
just last year and is a popular places for parties and receptions.
In fact, you don't even have to be a Republican to attend
(according to Jim). Just like the whitehouse, it has a rose
garden and a reflecting pool. Unlike the whitehouse, it has
a dead president instead of a live one, an extensive library
with amazing life-sized bronze statues of almost every world
leader in the first half of the 20th century. It also has
the presidential gazebo on loan from the real whitehouse.
Despite the political backsetting, it was actually a very
amazing place to have both the wedding and reception.[3] The only
interesting story is that Cheney Powell were in town that
Sunday and wanted to share the center for a last minute rally
before the election. We, of course, extended an invitation to
them but sent them off slinking to the OC fairgrounds instead
where they'd have more room.

The first two days after the wedding were spent down at
the 4 seasons in Fashion Island. We left for Tahiti early
afternoon on Wednesday on Air New Zealand arriving late at night.
On Tahiti, we stayed at the Parkroyal Beachcomber which you can see
in this picture. [4] Our room was right in front of the sand
bottom pool at the top of the picture with a half-moon balcony looking
out onto the ocean facing Moorea. Moorea is about a 45 minute ferry
ride or a 5 minute plane ride across the ocean right out side the
coral reef. Moorea is the island featured in the movie "South Pacific"
and is called "Bali Hi" which is funny because Bali isn't anywhere near.
After 3 days on Tahiti which included lounging in the sun, drinks by the
pool, champagne breakfasts on the patio, we moved on to Moorea.

Moorea was amazing. [5] We stayed in a beach bungalow right on the
inside of their lagoon (right in the middle of the picture). Our
patio there opened onto white sand and the Dolphin Quest people and
tourists played with the dolphins 5 times a day in front of our
bungalow. We actually paid to play with the dolphins too and
Kris kissed the one, played fetch with both rings and balls, and
basically got to treat it like it was a pet dog. We also took a
ferry ride to feed about 60 stingrays by hand as well as snorkeling
through tropical reefs and exploring the two bays on the island. We
stayed two nights in Moorea and went on to Bora Bora.

Bora Bora was even more amazing. We stayed in an overwater bungalow
right in the middle of the lagoon. Le Meridien was even more posh
than the 4 seasons, NB. When we first walked into the bungalow I
was taken by surprise by a huge square hole in the floor which turned
out to be crystal clear plexiglass [6] where fish, stingrays, puffers,
sharks, etc. constantly swam by underneath. We spent the next 3 nights
swimming, lounging, dining on the Bora Bora outer reefs. We also
learned how to make coconut milk, crack them with our bare hands, carve
up live fish for sushi, and generally lounge around.

All I can say is for the first time in about 7 years, I didn't even
worry about being disconnected. Anyways, I just thought I'd share
in the midst of winter, a glimmer of what Summer's like.

Greg

[1] http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/001109/ca_endeavo.html
[2] http://nixonlibrary.org/BookTheLibrary/BookTheLibrary.shtml
[3] http://nixonlibrary.org/BookTheLibrary/Weddings.shtml#TopOfPage