Re: confederacy of dunces*

From: cdale@silly.techmonkeys.net
Date: Sun Nov 26 2000 - 18:03:04 PST

I spent Friday in Atlanta at the home of a rabid republican. It was
absolutely horrible. While I think that it's all a silly thing that I'm
having a lot of fun watching, it's pretty sad to see someone foaming at
the mouth, while just parroting what the bush cult is saying on tv. I
didn't vote for either bozo either, but it seems to me that Gore's guys
are handling it with more maturity than Bush'. Bush's camp keeps yelling
that Gore is holding the whole thing up, while they are the ones who have
fought at every step to halt processes they knew were going to happen
anyhow. I agree that Gore shouldn't be trying to get all the absentee
ballots thrown out, but the fact that some of the ballots were not filled
out by the voters themselves, but by other people who recieved the ballots
makes me a bit suspicious too. Anyhow, I'm still making fun of the whole
thing. Everyone else will just be glad when the whole thing is over.
I'm happy that it's not over, and I'm glad that it's a clusterfuck. It
reflects so many things that happen in the political realm that it's
uncanny.
Still enjoying the circus,
Cindy

 "A civilized society is one which tolerates eccentricity to the point of doubtful sanity."
          -- Robert Frost