Re: confederacy of dunces*

From: cdale@silly.techmonkeys.net
Date: Mon Nov 27 2000 - 17:29:53 PST

On Mon, 27 Nov 2000 Grlygrl201@aol.com wrote:

> > In a message dated 11/26/00 9:17:59 PM Eastern Standard Time,
> > cdale@silly.techmonkeys.net writes:
> >
> > << I agree that Gore shouldn't be trying to get all the absentee
> > ballots thrown out, but the fact that some of the ballots were not filled
> > out by the voters themselves, but by other people who recieved the ballots
> > makes me a bit suspicious too. >>
> >
> > boner buns,
>
> Uh, geege, that's cdale making that comment. Unless you're trying to claim
> something about her vis-a-vis me... :-/
>
> i orignally cc'd you - was trying to kill two birds with one stone. (cdale
> is sugar buns.)

At first I read that, "boner bonus," but that didn't make sense, though it
sounded good. (:

> > the problem with the absentee ballots is validating when and by
> > whom the votes were cast. you need a postmark, a signature and the
> > signature of a witness. do you believe any of these things should be
> > overlooked just because they are military?
> >

> Well... yes. >>
>
> okay, forget the witness signature. what about the DATE? all the overseas
> voters of EITHER party five or more time zones behind us - can't you see why
> it's critically important that we know when the ballot was sent?
>
> "Bob, this is Dick. Looks like our boy is falling behind. Better do
> something quick or you'll be minus one stripe in December!"

Well, during my time in Atlanta last week, the Bush cultist said that
military mail is not all timestamped, nor is it known what the originating
address is, for security reasons. It makes sense that it would be this
way in times of war, and even some of it during times of peace. Does
anyone know if this is true?

> (what bad dialogue resulting from ignorance of the military looks like.)

(looks just like what it looks like on TV. (: )

Side note: Gore is missing out on -huge- opportunity here. He could have
thousands of angry supporters out in the streets raising hell and drinking
beer and smashin windows and...well, you get the point. I hear the
economy is really enjoying all this down in Florida. A little more
partying and raising hell wouldn't hurt. I mean, I know there are people
out there with signs and stuff, but I've seen em and it doesn't look like
they're having a damned bit of fun. Such a waste of an opportunity to
get TO' UP FROM THE FLO' UP@#!