Re: gore's speech

From: Matt Jensen (mattj@newsblip.com)
Date: Mon Nov 27 2000 - 23:33:09 PST

Gore is no Reagan, and he's no Clinton. Regardless of his message, he
doesn't seem to whip up an audience response like those two could.

But try this experiment... Get a mental image of a righteous Henry Fonda,
whether in Twelve Angry Men, Fail-Safe, Advise and Consent, The Ox-Bow
Incident, etc. Now go back to the transcript and listen to Henry Fonda
reading it with passion. I'm just curious; what does the speech rate now?
(I suggest it because I tried it myself.)

-Matt Jensen
 NewsBlip.com
 Seattle