Re: gore's speech

From: Jeff Bone (jbone@jump.net)
Date: Tue Nov 28 2000 - 12:44:05 PST

Lisa Dusseault wrote:

> A sensible idea from the perspective of math/statistics but perhaps not from
> the POV of actually running an election...

Oh, wait, wow, here's a radical idea: why don't we just elect the president
*directly?* In fact, why don't we do it *online,* and if you don't have
connectivity we'll still have polling areas set up with net boxes to use? Voter
registration etc. and authentication could work just exactly like it does with
absentee ballots currently, votes are recorded / counted *instantly,* and we
know who the president is *same day.*

Nah, makes too much sense.

jb