RE: Linux Developer gets Gong from Microsoft

From: Jeff Barr (jeff@vertexdev.com)
Date: Tue Nov 28 2000 - 18:43:22 PST

There are no official free snacks at Microsoft.

However, if you know about the right hallways to wander, you can
almost always rustle up some M&M's. Some of these are bought using
the so-called "morale budget" and others are used as a part of a
bizarre and wonderful ritual peculiar to certain Microsoft groups.

Every year, on the anniversary of your hire date, you buy 1 pound of
M&M's for each year that you've been there and leave them outside
for your co-workers.

So, Using a carefully designed cache (e.g. a large paper cup) it
was possible to stay well-supplied with M&M's without actually
having to ever buy any.

Certain groups would bring in dinner when deadlines loomed. Rumor
had it that Win2K group was in "dinner mode" for several years.

Jeff;