White Sound (was Re: "New Age Racists"?)

From: Grlygrl201@aol.com
Date: Wed Nov 29 2000 - 20:20:07 PST

In a message dated 11/29/00 5:28:49 PM Eastern Standard Time, a pedantic
klassa@mail.com cuts and pastes:

<< 1 capitalized a : the principles and policies of a Conservative party
               b : the Conservative party
 2 a : disposition in politics to preserve what is established
   b : a political philosophy based on tradition and social stability,
       stressing established institutions, and preferring gradual development
       to abrupt change
 3 : the tendency to prefer an existing or traditional situation to change

how f*cked up is that? "we're the sticky party!" so reform to a
conservative means something like, metaphorically, exchanging a rolex for a
patek?

you know we liberals like things sudden and disruptive. we like change for
the sake of change - and we all wear swatches!

(90's: liberals try to shed their tax-&-spend reputations and describe
themselves as "socially liberal but fiscally conservative." new millennium:
conservatives try to spin their rapacious selfishness 180 degrees with the
buzzword "compassion." words so hollow you can climb right in and tune
everything else out.)