Re: Cell phones of death!

From: Chuck Murcko (chuck@topsail.org)
Date: Thu Dec 07 2000 - 12:11:12 PST

In the 19th century, the gentile (I guess that would be the preFoRKers,
right?) carried all sorts of concealed weapons, from the cane gun to two
shot derringers inside of snuff boxes or powder boxes for the women
(yes, really small). I've seen a gun disguised as a Zippo lighter and
another as a large fish hook, for fish with severe attitude, presumably.
Such a firearm would have a usefully accurate range of about 1 foot.

You could implement a small machine pistol in the volume of a cell
phone, so it's likely a wise move by the security types. Not to mention
filling with various pyrotechnic mechanisms, which is the real risk. At
least they're smaller than current nukes.

--
Chuck
Chuck Murcko