Administrivia: No More Microsoft Bulletins (fwd)

From: cdale@silly.techmonkeys.net
Date: Thu Dec 07 2000 - 22:35:16 PST

This is pretty interesting. I understand this is not the first group of
people they've done this toward. The idea confuses me: Keep people from
helping you keep your customers' software updated for security reasons?
Ho well. (:

 "A civilized society is one which tolerates eccentricity to the point of doubtful sanity."
          -- Robert Frost

---------- Forwarded message ---------- Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2000 20:29:34 -0800 From: Elias Levy <aleph1@SECURITYFOCUS.COM> To: BUGTRAQ@SECURITYFOCUS.COM Subject: Administrivia: No More Microsoft Bulletins

It seems Microsoft was not very amused at my posting of their advisory to the list the other day. As the copyright holders of the work they have told me in no uncertain terms that I do not have their permission to redistribute a text version of their web page bulletins via the mailing list or the securityfocus.com web site, and that doing so would be considered an act of copyright violation.

There you have it. So until Microsoft changes their policy or changes their email bulletins back to the old format you won't see them on the list. Of curse the vulnerabilities and their information will continue to be announced.

They did state that they are continuing to accept feedback from customers about their new email format. So if you liked better the old one you may wish to let them know. You can send your comments to:

secfdbck@microsoft.com

-- Elias Levy SecurityFocus.com http://www.securityfocus.com/ Si vis pacem, para bellum