RE: Winders software that you can't live without

From: Jeff Barr (jeff@vertexdev.com)
Date: Sat Dec 09 2000 - 17:14:38 PST

John says,

> With my new laptop, I also got an M$ optical mouse with a large thumb
> button. With it mapped to "Minimize", I can run VNC in full-screen mode
> (in which I can't tell the difference between sitting in front of a native
> Unix box and my VNC'd view of one) and simply hit the thumb button to take
> myself out to Windows. It's sweet.

Also try mapping the middle button (the mouse wheel) to "Back". It makes
browsing
really easy since you need not keep dragging your mouse to the top of the
browser windows.

Sadly, that new mouse is the first MS mouse that does not work well in the
left hand. Given that BillG is a southpaw, I am surprised.

Jeff;