IP: The end of the Multics era

From: Rohit Khare (Rohit@KnowNow.com)
Date: Mon Dec 11 2000 - 11:52:09 PST

Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2000 11:06:30 -0500
From: Tom Van Vleck <thvv@multicians.org>
Subject: Re: The end of the Multics era
Multics's ideas and approach to problem solving continue to be relevant.
Those who had the privilege to work with the system and its team remember
the experience fondly and apply its many lessons to new challenges. As I
have written elsewhere, "as long as we have Multicians, we have the best
part of Multics." Let's all use what we learned, and do some more work we
can be proud of.
Incidentally, the 9 goals are in "Multics -- the First Seven Years" by
Corbato/Clingen/Saltzer, 1972 FJCC, available on the Multicians website,
http://www.multicians.org/f7y.html

For archives see: http://www.interesting-people.org/