Re: Cell phones of death!

From: Bill Stoddard (bill@wstoddard.com)
Date: Tue Dec 12 2000 - 12:40:48 PST

> Oooh! goody goody! another gun thread!
>
> Bill Stoddard <bill@wstoddard.com> wrote:
> >
> >That's a rather intolerant attitude.
>
> I don't see why thinking that guns are insanely dangerous is an
> intolerant attitude. It's not as if I'm about to fly off the handle
> and flame you to a crisp for being a gun owner, bounce all your email,
> and avoid being in the same room as you ever again? :-)
>
> Tony.

:-) Good! I rather enjoy being in the same room with you, regardless of what
you believe about guns!

Sorry if my note was overly harsh. I certainly didn't intend it to be a flame.
This is an important issue for me and I am continually amazed at the amount of
misinformation, character assassination, demonizing, etc. promulgated by much
of the media, Chuck Schumer (NY Senator), Josh Sugarman, Sarah Brady, et. al.
If anyone treated a protected/minority group with the same hatred as gunowners
are faced with at the hands of these people, they would immediately be loudly
and soundly criticized (as they should be). Somehow gunowners are not
sufficiently worthy of empathy. The word 'hypocrisy' comes to mind and it
pisses me off to no end :-) They have a right to their opinions, but when they
lie about the issues and lie about and demonize me and people I know and love,
they've stepped over the line of credability.

Bill