Re: general erection (big white prick dept.)

From: Bill Stoddard (bill@wstoddard.com)
Date: Wed Dec 13 2000 - 11:13:14 PST

> the following was passed on without source:
>
> ---snip---
>
> A Zimbabwe politician was quoted as saying that children should study
> the US election event closely because it shows that election fraud is
> not only a third world phenomena. To illustrate the point, he made the
> following comments:

Sorry, this is just stupid. This election process completely sucks but I don't
think fraud was committed by anyone in the Bush or Gore camps. We are
following a hold over from the colonial days (the electorial college) because
it's Law and still in the Constitution. Pols ignoring laws out of convenience
is part of what keeps third world nations third world nations. The U.S. should
do what it takes to provide decent voting technology to all counties, update
laws to set standards for recounts, etc. There are a ton of useful things that
can and should be done to help prevent this from happening again. Bleh...

Bill