Re: Prototypes for new characters

From: Gregory Alan Bolcer (gbolcer@endtech.com)
Date: Wed Dec 13 2000 - 17:05:57 PST

Hi Angel,
 I am assuming from my old email address that
you found the FoRK post entitled "Purple Hazing"
in the archives [1] where I mentioned former Irvine-ite
and USC Alumni Wayne Hamilton. Wayne was, of course, the former general
manager of hardware operations at Microsoft who made the
ActiMates Barney. Unfortunately, almost every single competent technical
person I had known at Microsoft has long since left for
greener pastures.

Depending on your requirements, I would suggest researching
other interactive toy manufacturers starting with Furby (Hasbro)
or Aibo (Sony), or even Beanie Babies (Ty, Inc.).

Sorry I can't be of more help & good luck with your search.

Greg

[1] http://xent.ics.uci.edu/FoRK-archive/jan98/0406.html
[2] http://www.usc.edu/isd/publications/networker/97-98/Jan_Feb_98/profile-hamiltons.html