Re: Gates Buys the Indefensible

CobraBoy! (tbyars@earthlink.net)
Tue, 28 Oct 1997 08:09:57 -0800

Mark Baker about 8:02 AM -0800 on 10/28/97, rang the bell of illumination
with this:

> On Mon, 27 Oct 1997, CobraBoy! wrote:
> > You have got to be fuckin' kidding me. Bombardier? A snowmobile company?
>
> No, Bombardier the transportation company; aerospace, transit (LRT,
> subway, commuter, commuter rail, etc.), and yes, snowmobiles. Most of
> the major transit authorities around North America (requiring rail and
> light rail systems) have dealt with them in some capacity. Florida's
> very big on them, since they've got a plant in Jacksonville. I know
> Broward County, Jacksonville, and Miami use their stuff - I wrote the
> monitoring software for MDTA's light rail loop.
>
> Ever heard of Metrolink? Who do you think built those rail cars?

Umm.... Grumman Aircraft who builds pretty good planes built some buses a
while back for L.A. They all broke in half. Seriously.

The point being, and I know what I'm talking about here since my Dad worked
for North American Aircraft/Rockwell for 40 years, is the Gulfstream is THE
private jet.

http://www.flug-revue.rotor.com/FRtypen/FRGV.htm

I guess what Job's said about Gates having no class is pretty right on.

Tim

--

Give me back my bullets, put 'em back where they belong. ...Lynard Skynard

<> tbyars@earthlink.net <>