Re: NT and Unix Server Siege

Robert S. Thau (rst@ai.mit.edu)
Tue, 18 Nov 1997 10:01:20 -0500 (EST)

Mark Baker writes:
> I know it gets a lot of use behind Nortel's firewall, which is quite large
> (the world's largest MacLAN, though shrinking fast!). Probably somewhere
> around 30% based on the discussions in our newsgroups. But I doubt it'll
> get any bigger than that - we just got a corporate Netscape server license.

That certainly makes it a more interesting test case. FWIW, though,
educational institutions can get free Netscape servers (though without
formal support), and an awful lot of them still use Apache, so it
isn't necessarily a slam-dunk for the commercial product even when
price is taken out of the picture.

rst