Fwd: INXS lead singer found dead

CobraBoy! (tbyars@earthlink.net)
Sat, 22 Nov 1997 08:25:31 -0800

<< start of forwarded material >>

I saw these guys a a local high school gym believe it or not as a warm up
for one of their American tours, and last week on VH-1 live from the Hard
Rock show. They really rocked.

Too bad.
-> ---------- Forwarded message begins here ----------
-> From: C-upi@clari.net (UPI)
-> Newsgroups:
-> clari.living.music,clari.news.obituaries,clari.living.celebrities,clari.l
-> iving.top,clari.news.front_page,clari.living,clari.living.entertainment
-> Subject: INXS lead singer found dead
-> Date: Sat, 22 Nov 1997 0:02:47 PST
->
->
->
-> LONDON, Nov. 22 (UPI) -- Rock star Michael Hutchence, lead
singer for
-> the Australian rock band INXS, has reportedly been found dead in a hotel
-> in Sydney, Australia.
-> Reports today say the 37-year-old singer was found hanged in his
room
-> at the Ritz Carlton Hotel in Double Bay. Police have not confirmed the
-> singer's death.
-> A large crowd gathered outside the hotel as Australian
television and
-> radio stations broadcast the news of the star's death.
-> The six-member band INXS (pronounced ``in excess'') was formed in
-> 1977, when Hutchence teamed up with Andrew, Jon and Tim Farriss. Their
-> danceable funk-rock fusion -- and Hutchence's charisma -- shot them to
-> international stardom by the mid-1980s.
-> The group's career 20 million record sales fell off in the
1990s, but
-> they sold out London's Wembley Stadium in 1991 and hit the charts again
-> with their current album, ``Elegantly Wasted.''
-> A BBC report says Hutchence planned to marry girlfriend Paula Yates
-> in Tahiti in January.
-> Yates and Hutchence have a baby daughter together, and Yates has
-> three children by a previous marriage to rocker Bob Gedolf, organizer of
-> the Live Aid charity concert.
-> The report says the couple was thinking of buying a $2 million
-> mansion overlooking the Sydney Opera House. Hutchence is quoted as
-> telling reporters recently: ``I'm the luckiest man alive.''
->
->

<< end of forwarded material >>

--

the me that you know used to have feelings but the blood has stopped pumping and he's left to decay the me that you used to know doesn't come around much that part of me isn't here anymore. NIN

<> tbyars @ earthlink.net <>