Re: NT and Unix Server Siege

Keith Dawson (dawson@world.std.com)
Sat, 22 Nov 1997 21:05:43 -0500

>Quinlan responds.

He responded separately to me, to wit:

From: TQuinlan@sjmercury.com (TQuinlan)
To: dawson@sitaranetworks.com (Keith Dawson)
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 1997 15:55:39 -0800
Subject: RE: NT and Unix Server Siege

Since it appears that you'll have access to the answer I sent Greg, I won't
repeat it again (and I guess he'll have access to yours as well) but
unfortunately, I don't know of anyplace that keeps track of downloads of the
free Unix OSes and evne information on something like SCO Unix is pretty
sketchy.
Although I think the main point ogf the story was to try and detail what
the real battlefield between two commercial giants was going to be playerd
and what the impact might be, I do think that the issue of Linux/BSD on Unix
is an interesting one that I think the Merc is going to look into before too
long. (I'm not trying to equate myself with the Merc, by the way, its just
very possible that we might have someone on staff that's better informed on
the Unix on Intel market than I am.)
Tom Quinlan