RE: FoRKBusters Up to 281!

Joe Barrera (
Mon, 1 Dec 1997 15:27:09 -0800

But what happens when you factor in Moore's law? :-)

- Joe

Joseph S. Barrera III <>
Phone, Office: (415) 778-8227; Cellular: (415) 601-3719; Home: (415)
The opinions expressed in this message are my own personal views and do not
reflect the official views of Microsoft Corporation.

-----Original Message-----
From: Seth Golub []
Sent: Monday, December 01, 1997 2:18 PM
Subject: Re: FoRKBusters Up to 281!

Reality reminder: At the current rate, it will take 63.6 years to
search the 64bit keyspace. I expect more machines to join the
and there's no telling how much of the space we'll need to search,
even with ten times the processing power, we probably wouldn't find
the key in this century.

We'll certainly illustrate RSA's point about key sizes though.