Re: Election 2000 [ was: RE: Pretty Good Privacy Not Looking So Great ]

spunkanado (tomwhore@interport.net)
Fri, 5 Dec 1997 15:40:48 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 5 Dec 1997, Joe Barrera wrote:

> Perhaps this is a bit premature... but if one chose to be a single-issue
> voter on the crypto issue, who's likely to be the best presidential
> candidate for the next election? Where does Gore really stand? Are any of
> the potential Republican candidates likely to be any better (I would guess
> not)?

AlGore is probably the last person I would ever think of voting for if
this was the only issue. He has proven, time and again in speach and in
action, that he is Ignorant of many of the key facts of the tech he caims
to know so well.

On matters of crypto laws he has shown a willingness to be a spokesperson
for key eschrow, fed suppervision of keys and in general a strong
proponent of Govermnet involvement of all matters concerning computers.
His actions on bills and laws pertaining to the CDC alone should be enough
to turn you off to him. Add to that his past record of support for the
PMRC and that piece of fiction he published when he was AL Gore The All
Green Canidate.

I got to take my hat off to his PR people. They paint this picture of Al
Gore as CyberLincoln or some such crap when in actuality of voting record
and speach hes closer to a little CyberStalin. And all you have to do is
look at the actuality of his past record to prove the point.

If hes one of the canidates you can rest assured my vote will go
elsewhere, maybe to NOTA if we can get it on the ballot in time. I wouldnt
hold my breath, but you never know.