Bust FoRKers

Gregory Alan Bolcer (gbolcer@gambetta.ICS.uci.edu)
Tue, 09 Dec 1997 16:10:29 -0800

------- Forwarded Message

Subject: Re: RC5-64 data
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 1997 16:01:26 -0800
From: "Kenneth M. Anderson" <kanderso@ics.uci.edu>
To: Greg Bolcer <gbolcer@ics.uci.edu>

I can't even begin to tell you the problems I have had at joining
FoRKBusters. I have probably tried 25 times during the past week to join
and the stats server is never working. The one time that I got close, I
entered in the Team# 1146 and hit enter and got

"Stats is down..."

Sigh...

I thought I got the correct RC5-64 client for Solaris but with a
discrepency like that, it looks like I did something wrong.

Ken

Gregory Alan Bolcer (gbolcer@gambetta.ics.uci.edu) on 12/9/97 3:34 PM
wrote:

>Are you ever going to join the FoRKBusters!!
>Anyways, the Ultra-1 is a 64 bit machine that balances
>integer ops with floating point ops. A 32-bit integer
>shift is *not* a good measure of speed. Also, Clay's Ultra-1
>is getting 273,000 keys per second, so are you sure you
>are running the right client?
>
>Greg
>
> > The PowerMac 8600 generates about 650,000 keys per second.
> > The PowerMac G3/233 generates about 750,000 keys per second.
> > The Ultra-1 generates about 36,000 keys per second.
> >
> > Pretty amazing!
> >
> > Ken

Kenneth M. Anderson | Read books by Dan Parks Sydow
Graduated Student | <mailto:kanderso@ics.uci.edu>
University of California, Irvine | <http://www.ics.uci.edu/pub/kanderso/>

------- End of Forwarded Message