helping a German relative find a job over here...

John M. Klassa (klassa@aur.alcatel.com)
Tue, 06 Oct 1998 08:57:44 -0400

Since a number of us are from other countries, working in the states,
I figured this would be a good place to ask. My cousin Holger from
Germany (my mom is German) recently lost his job and wants to use this
opportunity to come over here to work (he's visited us numerous times
and loves it here).

He's got two career options -- before going to college, he learned to
be a carpenter; in college, he "majored" in industrial design (IE, over
here?). He'd be happy doing either thing...

He writes:

> Ihr habt ein anderes Bewerbungssystem dr=FCben. Kannst Du mir da
> eventuell mit den passenden Infos helfen? Gibt es bei euch dr=FCben so
> was wie ein Arbeitsamt? Wenn ja, haben die eine Internetadresse? Wenn
> ja, wie lautet die? Kennst Du vielleicht einen Cabinet maker oder ein
> Industrial Design Studio, die Professionals suchen? Wenn ja- bitte her
> mit der Adresse.

For those who don't speak German, I *think* :-) this says:

> You have a different system over there... Can you get some
> information for me? Do you have something akin to an employment
> agency over there? If yes, do they have an internet address? What is
> it? Do you know of carpentry shop or industrial design studio that's
> seeking professionals? If so, please send me their address.

(For those who do speak German, you'll note that I skipped the big, hard
words and probably massacred the rest. It's been too long since I've
been fluent. :-))

Anyway, I come to you in search of info for him, since this is entirely
out of my league. Private replies are best, probably, since this
doesn't pertain to technology, XML, Ro's life, or objects (distributed
or otherwise).

Thanks,
John (and, vicariously, Holger)

-- =

John Klassa / Alcatel Telecom / Raleigh, NC, USA <><