Re: The Economist

Robert Harley (Robert.Harley@inria.fr)
Mon, 9 Nov 1998 09:23:49 +0100 (MET)

#44 is:

>A collision with a supply ship; a fire; a leak in a cooling system; a
>failure of the main computer; a failure of the main oxygen generators;
>a failure of the carbon-dioxide scrubbers; a plague of cockroaches
>eating part of a solar panel.
>
>How many of the above have gone wrong with Russia's space station Mir
>in the past two years?
>
>* All of them.
>* All but one.
>* All but two.

Yeah, it's absolutely hilarious making fun of the Russian space
program. I mean just consider all the wonderful permanently manned
space stations that other countries have.

Oh yeah, they don't have any.

Personally I find the idea of spending a bazillion dollars of
tax-payers' money to put some 100 year old fart-knocker in space for a
few days as a publicity stunt, much more amusing.

Rob.