Why FoRK when you can tumble?

From: Wayne E Baisley (baisley@alumni.rice.edu)
Date: Mon Sep 11 2000 - 15:32:12 PDT

We just bought a new Tumbleweed Compost Maker, and the subject phrase is
prominently displayed on the box, but not, alas, on the composter
itself. The composter spins, easing the turning of the biomass, hence
the phrase. Made by an Aussie outfit, no known web address yet.

I just found out that there's an American FoRK, Utah.

And, speaking of resource FoRKs, I was wandering aimlessly around
CompUSA last week bleeding greenbacks when I happened into the Apple
corner. The G4 Cube ($1800) with flat panel Studio Monitor ($1000) is
the sexiest thing since, oh, Corvettes with square taillights. The
backlit on/off switch alone is almost worth the very reasonable price of
admission, not to mention the system box disguised as subwoofer. Worse
may be Better, but if beautiful design ruled markets, the DOJ would have
Apple in court by now.

Cheers,
Wayne

I'm your only friend