Re: An example

From: Dan Brickley (Daniel.Brickley@bristol.ac.uk)
Date: Wed Sep 13 2000 - 09:13:42 PDT

On Wed, 13 Sep 2000, Dave Winer wrote:

> The link took you to a page where the RSS 1.0 developers talked about their
> creation, no alternate views, no attempt to give their readers the other
> side of the story. Seems pretty corporate to me. Dave

Yeah, you get to hear my words voiced by Rael (I participated by IRC due
to primitive British phone technology flaking out), which is kind of the
opposite relationship I usually have to my O'Reilly puppetmasters... ;-)

We tried to put a positive case for the design decisions taken in the
1.0 proposal. It wasn't the right place to go into the politics,
personalities, and history. I suspect FoRK may be such a place (Rohit,
kick us off if you'd rather we had this thread elsewhere).

For the curious and the MP3 enabled, the roundtable discussion is all
online still at...

http://oreilly.linux.com/linux/rt/08252000/
http://oreilly.linux.com/pub/a/linux/2000/08/25/rt.html
[[[
                         O'Reilly Network Weekly
                         Open Source Roundtable
                         Sponsored by IBM developerWorks
                         08/25/2000
                         Listen to this discussion (21:45 mins, 10.2 MB):
]]]

Dan