Re: Fw: http://www.egroups.com/message/decentralization/326

From: Dave Winer (dave@userland.com)
Date: Wed Sep 13 2000 - 10:35:40 PDT

Dan here's what was stolen.

Before the namegrab I had some influence on and participation in the
evolution of RSS.

After the grab, I have no say in its future. I'm reduced to trying to talk
you out of the namegrab. I've put so many weeks into just doing that. Here's
what it comes down to:

My choice is to accept your version or..?

What if I think it's wrong? What then?

The provocative act was to take the name of something that exists and put it
on something new.

You may not agree, and I don't want to debate all this *yet again* but
that's what I lost in this and it's not fair. I worked hard to get RSS to
where it is now. Lots of months, down the drain. Why? Why do you want me to
go away? What the hell did I ever do to you?

Dave