RE: On to kids....

From: Mark Day (markday@cisco.com)
Date: Wed Sep 13 2000 - 12:28:35 PDT

> > I have to agree here... When you come home and these little people run
> > up to you and give you big, sincere, no-strings-attached hugs
> and kisses,
> > because they're genuinely happy to see you, you won't wonder at all how
> > the human race has survived. :-)
>
> I've got pets that do that. ;-) ;-) ;-) They can't write poetry,
> but they do
> bathe themselves and generally behave. If I want to take a long
> weekend, I
> just fill up the feeder and take off.

Ah, c'mon Jeff. I could apply the same nihilistic reductio to your having
any relationship, marital or otherwise.

Need someone to talk to? -- get a therapist, they're better trained.
Need someone with unbounded affection for you? -- get a dog.
Need someone to take to parties? -- hire an escort.
etc.

Pretty pointless, isn't it? Same with your one-note complaints about having
children. You don't actually want to understand, you just want to be
confirmed in the rightness of your choice. Being childless is a fine
choice, but don't act like people with children have some kind of problem.

--Mark