Re: There They Go, Bad-Mouthing Divorce Again

From: Eugene Leitl (eugene.leitl@lrz.uni-muenchen.de)
Date: Wed Sep 13 2000 - 13:28:08 PDT

JS Kelly writes:

> If you leave the breeding only to the irresponsible people, the world will
> end up being even bigger a mess than it is now. Which is hard to imagine,

Are responsible parents generating only responsible kids? Always? Is
the responsibility measurable in a context-less way?

> but is a reason why I think that all responsible people everywhere should
> breed like rabbits. We might even see an improvement in our lifetime, if
> we did.

Is responsibility dominant or recessive?

> To reply to other posts -- I like my kids because they're Neat People, not
> because of some kind of animal instinct. Which isn't to say that

Right. Then you see no difference between other people's kids,
provided they're Neat People. They're exchangable, and kids (provided,
they're Neat People) just percolate freely through the local (Neat
People) parenthood. Biology has nothing to do with it whatsoever.

> instincts don't certainly play some part in the whole thing. But my kids
> are nice, talented, smart, funny & fun to be with. So they are

Do the other people, not necessarily parents, share that asessment?

> "experience-challenged" for now -- but they're not subhuman monsters. And

You're so blind you don't even know you're blind. I like kids, but I
know the reason why I like them.

> as an added bonus, they *never* fill my inbox with mail about RSS.

Now that's a valid complaint... ;)