Re: [Wash Post] The WAP backlash continues...

From: B.K. DeLong (
Date: Fri Sep 15 2000 - 08:34:12 PDT

At 07:34 AM 9/15/2000 -0700, you wrote:
>What was once a radical position is now conventional wisdom. BTW, Rohit
>seems to love his new Nokia 8260. Why the heck did he put up with that
>piece of junk Nextel for so long? Oh yeah, they lock you into a number
>and you're stuck with it unless you're willing to endure the pain of a
>migration. Rohit's new cell number FYI is 206-465-4936. Don't call him
>right now, though, he's sleeping after a long night of debugging... :)

I still remember attending an XML DevCon and being a "plant" in the
audience asking questions like "What do you think about Web developers
having to author pages in HTML (XHTML) and then another in WML?" or "Wasn't
WAP a business model" and my favorite "Do you see WAP being merged into
HTTP and WML becoming an XHTML extension?" I think I asked some of the same
questions at WWW9 as well.

B.K. DeLong
Research Lead
ZOT Group